e30tech.com Forums

Go Back   e30tech.com Forums > BMW E30 > Project Garage
Register FAQ Members List Sponsors Advertise Shop Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Limited Group Buy: E30 Rear Subframe Camber & Toe Correction Kits - $69 Shipped

Old 01-12-2010, 04:41 PM   #101
White325is

E30: Coupe
White325is has a reputation beyond reputeWhite325is has a reputation beyond reputeWhite325is has a reputation beyond reputeWhite325is has a reputation beyond reputeWhite325is has a reputation beyond reputeWhite325is has a reputation beyond reputeWhite325is has a reputation beyond reputeWhite325is has a reputation beyond reputeWhite325is has a reputation beyond reputeWhite325is has a reputation beyond reputeWhite325is has a reputation beyond repute

Could have also got the E36 setup. I didnt have access to it at the time so I used what I had.
There is a bracket that mounts down on the motor mount arm, thats what that one tab is for.

White325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:51 PM   #102
peerless

E30: 85' 325e "The 4 Door Horror"
peerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by White325is View Post
Could have also got the E36 setup. I didnt have access to it at the time so I used what I had.
There is a bracket that mounts down on the motor mount arm, thats what that one tab is for.
I was aware of the E36 setup, but I did not have the bracket, and you have to use the E36 hoses I beleive. Either way, like you, I had to improvise and I think it came out really good.

PS is done!

peerless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #103
lifeiskaos
Super Moderator

E30: several projects
lifeiskaos has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to lifeiskaos

Now we're talkin. I'll be there thursday to help get more work done!
lifeiskaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:59 PM   #104
protomor

E30: 1987 325i, 1989 325i M50T
protomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to protomor Send a message via MSN to protomor Send a message via Yahoo to protomor

protomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:31 PM   #105
peerless

peerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond repute

Hydraulics Restored!

Old 01-12-2010, 07:31 PM   #106
inkk
Super Moderator

E30: A black one...
inkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond repute

As always nice work Robert. I have gone through the whole thread again looking for a pic of the shift linkage but there isn't one I could find. Is anything like the getrag? Never seen a zf out of the car i dont think.

I do Alpines
inkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:50 PM   #107
nrubenstein

E30: '89 330is, '88 325iX, '89 M3
nrubenstein is a jewel in the roughnrubenstein is a jewel in the roughnrubenstein is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to nrubenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by peerless View Post
The last few swaps I have seen had the dipsticks just wobbling around or had them zip tied. To me that is very sloppy and not acceptable.

403 Stainless 16gauge plate, Vise, Sawzall, Drill, viola!

Now its on to the damned P/S reservoir. Can't seem to find a home for that thing using the original E30 hoses and bracket.

Having literally lost an engine in the race car to a bad dipstick o-ring, I couldn't imagine leaving the dipstick tube unsecured. Thanks for posting that. Now, I know to make a bracket before I even put the manifold support piece in.

Oh yes, and many of the ZF 5s were most definitely not covered under warranty. I've fixed two in the last week (the swap trans, and a 528iT), and still need to do one on an '02 330i. It's really quite annoying.

1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
1989 325is Alpinweiß/Black S50B32, S6S420G, 3.73, M3 5-lug
1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black S62B50, S6S420G

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
Hers: 1988 325iX Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

nrubenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:35 AM   #108
MR 325
Contributing Member

E30: 1991 M-Technic 327i Turbo
MR 325 is a jewel in the roughMR 325 is a jewel in the roughMR 325 is a jewel in the roughMR 325 is a jewel in the rough

The E36 power steering reservoir bracket is about $6 new if I remember correctly.

E36 lines are not needed. All you need to to is shorten the lines.

Either way, looking good! How much does that Harley paint cost and does it seem super durable?
Old 01-13-2010, 08:44 AM   #109
protomor

E30: 1987 325i, 1989 325i M50T
protomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to protomor Send a message via MSN to protomor Send a message via Yahoo to protomor

I JB Welded mine in until I could fab a bracket. Then it got cold. This is on my list of shit to do.

protomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Guest Message
Tire Rack - Pure Control
Old 01-13-2010, 01:54 PM   #110
peerless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR 325 View Post

Either way, looking good! How much does that Harley paint cost and does it seem super durable?
It is $20 from a Harley Dealer and it goes on very consistent and seems quite durable. Not the easiest to clean though as it is a rough finish.